The activity of HAROPA PORT | LE HAVRE is structured around four main missions:
- define and implement marketing and sales strategies,
- receive ships,
- facilitate the passage of goods through the port,
- receive and live on the estate.
THE AMBITIONS OF HAROPA PORT | LE HAVRE:
The development policy for port activities is based on a strategic project. The main objective of this project is to strengthen Le Havre's position and attractiveness as one of the top 5 ports in Western Europe. The strategic project also aims to increase employment and local wealth in a spirit of sustainable development. It thus participates in the development of HAROPA PORT, the 1st French port complex formed by the three ports of the Seine Axis: LE HAVRE - ROUEN - PARIS.
Main strategic axes:
- to focus our action primarily on container activity: a sector that generates significant employment and added value and has the greatest development potential. HAROPA PORT | LE HAVRE has identified four main levers for this purpose:
- the quality of reception of ships
- the excellence of passage through the port
- the performance of multimodal solutions
- structuring the logistics offer.
- consolidate and develop all activities in the other sectors to perpetuate and strengthen our industrial port complex;
- offer our customers an adapted land offer, allowing the development of their logistics and industrial activities by promoting the conversion of spaces.
- aim for the ambitious objective of a 10-point increase in the share of inland waterway and rail transport to nearly 25% by acting proactively, with our partners, both on infrastructure and transport services;
- pursue, at both company and port level, a continuous improvement approach to the performance of port operations;
- ensure the sustainability of the assets managed by the Port by relying on a recovered self-financing capacity;
- pursue port development while contributing to the quality of the environmental functions of the Seine estuary.