Reconciling economy and environment is a constant concern for HAROPA - Port of Rouen, whose environmental management is now certified ISO 14001 by AFNOR.
HAROPA - Port of Rouen has obtained an international ISO 14001 (*) certification, version 2015, issued by AFNOR (Association française de normalisation - French Standards Association). This certification concerns environmental management, implemented on four pilot activities with environmental challenges:
- the transit of dredging sediments applied to the Port-Jérôme facility,
- the process of backfilling gravel pits with dredged sediment for redevelopment,
- the port operating process applied to the Radicatel terminal
- the Port's Environment Department.
The Environment Department of HAROPA - Port of Rouen, pilot of the approach, works with involvement in the continuous improvement of practices in order to meet the environmental challenges illustrating the social responsibility of the port establishment. The process of assessing the conformity of practices began in 2015 and the certificate obtained in 2017 is valid for three years.
- Environmental policy
- AFNOR certificate of 26 october 2017